Sunday, August 8, 2010

History is a good predictor

So, this brunch date? He canceled. I was fine with it ... today he called and asked me to a movie tonight. I thought it was quite the upgrade from brunch, and since he had to cancel, I accepted.

At 5pm I text him and he says:

"I have no excuses but I just can't make it. I'm sorry."

My response: "I had a feeling. ok"

See, I'm going to need people to stop asking me why I'm still single. I get that a lot. The answer is quite simple - I've got too much shit going on to be bothered with nonsense. I have not asked this dude for a reason, not when he canceled for brunch or for why he canceled the movie. I don't intend to, either - because quite frankly, it's not important in my life. I don't know him like that and the whole point of the date was to get to know him ... and I feel as like I've gotten to know enough already.

I won't be seeing him - I don't care what the reasons are - I just won't entertain anymore invites to meet. Eventually, he'll contact me less ... fewer texts, fewer emails and then it'll be like before we chatted ... he won't be in my phone and I won't be in his and I'll continue doing what I do.

4 comments:

  1. Hes very immature. U do not need that. No one wants a man that can not open his damn mouth and say what he needs to say! liar! ugh I hate him now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He had better already be out of your phone Mister. Do you hear me? I want him OUT. Of. Your. Phone!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Focus on his actions, not his words. Don't entertain men who are inconsistent.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you all! Thanks - I need that.

    ReplyDelete