Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Only me?

Remember my first love? The one who told me I would always be his first love and that he will always love me and wanted my blessing to ask his boyfriend's hand in marriage?

Yuh, him.

So, we're still cool and I see him FB-ing about his engagement ceremony and keeping the list small, etc. And so, whatever, right?

He IM's me asking, "If I invite you to the engagement party, would you come?"

"Yes, I would. But aren't you paring down the list?"

"Stop it! You're my first love - what's more significant than that?"

So, I'm seriously baffled ... because that wouldn't be *MY* line of thinking as I embark on a forever journey with my man. But, ok - whatever.

He tells me to bring a date, though. I kid and say I would bring my female BFF from college (who almost broke us up) and he laughs, but insists that I bring me a dude.

"If I'm seeing someone then, ok - but if not, I'm rollin' dolo! (I just aged myself there, didn't I?)

And to make this short ... he mentions that I should have someone on my arm because last time he saw me it wasn't easy to keep his hands off of me.

I mention that I noticed it when we were saying goodbye ... that he struggled with not KISSING me goodbye.

He admits that that's true ... but that his "DICK said SLEEP WITH HIM!"

So goes this life of mine - the ones I want don't want me and the ones that I want nothing to do with (on account of being ICK or being taken) are the ones that tell me this shit. Why the fuck can't an intelligent, single man without hang-ups ever come on to me?

(You're free to comment about how ready my ex is to get into this marriage)

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you should go, but if you do *I* will be your date, carajo!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your ex seems to have a big issue with possession...seeing as he still believes YOU ARE HIS IN A VERY BIG WAY......hmmmm.....maybe he shouldnt decrease his sugar intake...he has quite the sweet tooth for candy...candy he once gave up and apparently since he supposedly starting a new life, candy he's not supposed to have.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jaded: Yes, YES! You shall be my date. *evil scientist laugh* muahaaaahhahahah

    Dovie: He doesn't have to worry about not having supposed to have this candy. It's not being offered to him.

    ReplyDelete