Monday, June 14, 2010

Chain reactions

It seems I always like the wrong people. I've cleared my head of the nonsense that was my misplaced intrigue and here comes along a blast from the past, hitting me up and all but asking me to be his. But I'm not feeling him that way, so I tell him so.

"Why not?"

What the fuck ... I have to explain this shit? He tells me that he's husband material, and I can't think of something more subjective right now. Look, I don't care if you think you're husband material, I'm just not that into you.

Problem is, I suppose, that I've slept with him before. And unbeknown to me, it's been something he can't shake. What?!? Well, DAYUM.

He knows I'm not doing casual sex, but he insists on being "the first one." I asked what that meant and he means he wants to be the one to have me first after my long wait. So, it's about the sex ... I get it. The sex is good, so now you'll tell me that you want a relationship because you know I'm not on the casual sex bit.

I got this one figured out.

Except, tonight he starts texting about how he's been lonely and wants to be in a relationship again and I try to be a friend and tell him that it takes time, that you don't come out of a 17 year relationship and adopt a single man's world view immediately. And this is for real - he's really going through it ... and REALLY wants me to be his man.

So, I didn't have this one figured out.

The reality is that he's confused - still trying to see the world from the eyes of the man he now is and not the man he was for 17 years, partnered and such.

I'm trying to be a friend here, but I'm finding it difficult because I'm afraid he'll become attached to me emotionally ... wait. Is he already? Damn, I haven't seen him in eight months; this is nuts.

4 comments:

  1. SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A BREAK AWAY FROM HIM...HIS FEELINGS ARE HIGHLY IMPRESSIONABLE AT THIS STAGE AND INTERPRET THINGS HOW THEY WANT TO...WHICH IS DANGEROUS TO YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cease and desist. you don't need to be everybody's friend. He's a grown man... back a way slowly before you get tangled in a HUGE mess.

    (PS- The Lady is in town so this may or may not be sound advice LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "being a friend" gets you caught up everytime. Good luck with it!

    ReplyDelete