Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Papito

My son turns seven today. I can't believe it - he's my youngest and he's SEVEN!

Today, it's all about him - his affection, his smarts, his sheer good looks, his sense of humor - the totality of him .. HIS day.

He makes me a better dad - and can make me feel so unconditionally loved, like no man can. He is focused, loves his Wii and anything hot wheels ... and I can't wait for him to come home and enjoy the evening with him. I won't even make him go to bed early even though it's a school night!

(Don't tell him mom!)

Because I knew your name before I was old enough to vote ... because you are more than everything I imagined a son could be ... because you taught me the ability to love more ... because you're you ...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SON!

3 comments:

  1. So sweet!! Happy birthday to your little one!

    (I dare say you might be sobbing for weeks when he hits double digits...

    ReplyDelete